2020 Virtual Run/Walk Goes Virtual!
June 14-30, 2020
The pandemic forced everyone to change plans. In March, just days after Conquer MG’s Run/Walk Committee scouted a new location (trees, bathrooms, parking!), it became clear that we couldn’t gather in person for the 8th Annual Viking Run/Walk.
But… the Run/Walk is essential to the mission and financial strength of this organization. What could we do? Answer: Virtual!
But…what will it look like? And will they come?
Thanks to many supportive individuals, we didn’t need to worry. You walked and ran and biked on your own schedule, in your own neighborhood. And you donated and fundraised to the tune of nearly $20,000.
Thank you for acting like warriors to support our mission. Together we can conquer myasthenia gravis!
Thanks to all our donors!
We’re grateful for each and every person who helped support this organization in whatever way they could through the Virtual Viking Run/Walk. Thanks, especially, to these top fundraisers:
- Bob Rosecrans, Rosecrans Raiders ($2,095)
- Peggy Cashman, Park Place Pacers ($1,810) (Shown with Glen Ostdiek, supporter for many years)
- Michael Brady, The Rainbow Men ($1,795)
- Sydney Miranda ($1,745)
- Arthur & Julie McCracken ($1,285)
- Tracy Shackelford, Teal We Find a Cure ($856)
- Steve & Dorothy Litwitz, Team Steevie ($605)
- Tom Banks, Banks Warriors ($515)
As top fundraiser, Bob Rosecrans receives a CVS gift card plus an Egg Harbor Cafe gift certificate.
And oh, those photos!
As part of the Virtual Viking Run/Walk, Conquer MG pledged to award prizes for best photos. Winners (with CVS gift card):
- Best Viking: Victor Yipp
- Best T-shirt: Jean Fee (#1 “Myasthenia Gravis Bites”)
Honorable Mention (with bragging rights):
- Megan Rosecrans (#2 t-shirt “Work out like a Viking/You’ll be Thor in the morning”)
- SeAnn Ferguson (2nd from left, in turquoise t-shirt) and her team for the most different MG shirts
Thank you, Sponsors
We’re grateful for the meaningful support provided by these organizations.
Blasts from the Past
Check out LOTS more photos from past years on our Facebook page.